What is the Windana Drug Withdrawal house?
Windana provides a 24 hour supervised withdrawal program in St. Kilda, which is designed to address the physiological, psychological and sociological needs of the residents. Caring and experienced staff deliver a holistic program in a safe homely environment. If required, medication for withdrawal is prescribed by our visiting doctor on the day of admission. We also offer a wide range of complementary therapies and treatments to assist with the withdrawal process.
Like all Windana programs, the Drug Withdrawal House (DWH) focuses on each person and their individual needs.
About the Drug Withdrawal Program.
- All Windana residents are assigned counsellors for the duration of their stay to assist them with the development of a post withdrawal plan and with any issues that arise during withdrawal.
- Groups are run on most days and cover such topics as: relapse prevention, harm minimization , health/diet and nutrition, spirituality, anger management and self awareness.
- Windana offers complementary therapies including: a full range of herbal remedies, homeopathics and vitamin and mineral supplements tailored to each withdrawal (as prescribed by our staff naturopath). Other treatments offered include: acupuncture, massage, physiotherapy, meditation, reiki, art therapy, yoga and auriculartherapy.
- Household duties: the resident group shares daily household duties such as meal preparation, basic cleaning etc and take an active role in the day to day running of the house.
- The Windana diet is specifically designed for withdrawal; offering healthy well balanced meals. Products containing caffeine or added sugars are not provided or permitted in the program.
- Exercise is an important part of the program and includes: daily swimming (on weekdays), regular walks ,volleyball, badminton etc.
Who is the Drug Withdrawal House for?
The Drug Withdrawal House is open to adults over the age of eighteen. Admissions are handled by our Intake and Assessment team. If you would like further information, please contact our duty worker on 03 9529 7955.